Sure many people know what 3D printing is, and others may have even seen one in action. Even fewer know how to create 3D models, much less use their printer. Despite the hype for 3D printing, the potential of a 3D printing “Factory-On-Demand” is often overlooked. 3D Printing is a rising technology that will soon disrupt many industries across the economic spectrum. Although currently, understanding and utilizing the technology to design and manufacture products (as opposed to “things”) proves to be difficult for a myriad of reasons. Like any growing innovative technology, as the quality, speed and costs are optimized the adoption rate and potential uses start to flourish.
3D Printing is dubbed the, “Democracy of Manufacturing”.
Imagine. Anyone can design and create anything for anyone, anywhere.
The democratization of media through self-publishing tools has spawned an age where everyone can easily produce and publish as an artist, producer, director or writer. Well, with the Internet & 3D printing the same is soon to change for objects. Before long people will be able to design, print and sell products from the comfort of their own homes.
Be early to the 3D printing revolution, because it is coming.
• Seven Ways to Monetize Your 3D Printer
• 2015 3D Printer Buyer’s Guide
• Movies & TV episodes about 3D printing (List of About and List of Using)
• 3D CAD Modeling Software Guide (Top 4 FREE Top 4 Paid)
• List of Specialty CAD Software
• List of places to outsource 3D design work (Top 10 places)
• 3D Scanner & Applications Guide
• 3D Digital Marketplace list (Comprehensive: CAD as 3D printed objects, CAD for 3D printing and general CAD files)
• List of successfully funded 3D printers on kickstarter (Comprehensive)
• 3D Printing Stocks