- Categories: 3D Printing Books
- Comments (0)
3D Printing for Architects with MakerBot
Build state-of-the-art architecture design projects with MakerBot Replicator 1, 2, or 2X
- Intelligently design a model to be printed on the MakerBot from the scratch
- Make the MakerBot replicator work for you, automating tasks and doing post processing on MakerBot output
- Full of practical tips, tricks, and step-by-step instructions to successfully design your model with MakerBot
Recently we’ve seen consumer 3D printing gaining traction. The power of 3D printing is huge and its applications are seemingly endless—medicine, architecture, and food, to name a few. Incorporating 3D printing into your design cycle reduces overall project costs and lowers project duration, as it allows for rapid prototype iterations and instant, more descriptive feedback. 3D printing looks to revolutionize modern manufacturing and the technology is improving in leaps and bounds each and every day.
“3D Printing for Architects with MakerBot” strives to give you a good foundation for what MakerBot can do. It offers a hands-on way to learn about how 3D printing works, and how you can use its powerful features to produce great prints. With this book, you will learn everything you need to know about designing and printing architectural models using the MakerBot Replicator 2X and how to incorporate multiple parts and colours from designs created by you and the community.
“3D Printing for Architects with MakerBot” will take you through a number of clear, practical examples which will teach you how to unlock the power of your MakerBot Replicator 2X and the MakerBot community. It will show you how to create models composed of multiple parts and colours which are 3D printer ready.
You will also learn about the different types of 3D printing and the history leading up to the purchase of MakerBot by Stratasys. You will take a look into the details of 3D printing software, learning how to convert your 3D CAD model into a physical 3D prototype and how various options will affect your print. You will then create more advanced architectural models with parts created to fit together that are designed either by you or from the extensive community libraries found on Thingiverse and GrabCAD. If you want to learn how to gain the upper hand over the competition by creating architectural prototypes using 3D printing, then this is the book for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Modify and orient models in Makerware
- Reduce warpage during prints
- Discover the impact of print settings and other features on overall quality
- Use dual extruder for multi-colour printing
- Create advanced assemblies utilizing component tolerancing
- Learn how to design for assembly
- Incorporate flexibility into your designs
- Find and modify models from Thingiverse and GrabCAD
- Scale for a tradeoff between time and precision
This is a hands-on tutorial for a user to become well-versed with 3D printing using MakerBots.
Who this book is written for
“3D Printing for Architects with MakerBot” is ideal for architects looking to creating stunning prototypes using the MakerBot Replicator 2X 3D printer. Having experience using 3D CAD software is beneficial but not necessary as this book mentions several different CAD packages for beginners, up to those more advanced users who are perhaps looking for additional features.